Patients & Families
Being Admitted to HSC
We are happy you are considering our hospital for your child’s health care needs.
We encourage you to schedule a tour of our hospital so that you can become familiar with our facility and services. During regular business hours, please call the Admissions Office at (202) 635-6115 to arrange a convenient date and time. On evenings and weekends, please leave a message and we will happily return your call and offer a convenient time for your tour.
From a child's very first day at The HSC Pediatric Center, the staff begins to plan and prepare for a child's return home. Your child and family are our top priority. Please see below for links to our “Kids Handbook” and “Kids Rights”.
Should you decide to come to HSC, our admissions staff checks with your insurance company before you arrive for your admission. If any documents are needed we inform you so that your admission is as smooth as possible and the focus can be on your child and settling into the care.
- We provide a routine schedule to give your child a sense of security.
- Parents may visit at any time. (Siblings and other visitors’ hours are 10 am to 8 pm daily). One parent may stay overnight at the bedside.
- We happily provide clothing, toys and games for your child during their hospitalization. If you decide to bring personal items, be sure to label each item clearly!
- We ask that each person sign the logbook at the front desk each time they visit. We want all of our patients to feel safe at HSC.
- HSC is located near the Brookland/Catholic University Metro Station on the Red Line.
- HSC has a shuttle bus that picks up from the Metro station on weekdays. Click here to access the shuttle bus schedule.
- The R4 bus also goes to The HSC Pediatric Center from the station.
- There is parking for families in the HSC parking garage.