Who We Serve
The HSC Pediatric Center is a leader in providing innovative, highly effective rehabilitation and medical care for children with complex medical problems and disabilities.
HSC cares for children as individuals and develops each child’s own individually designed care program. The individual care plan will make sure the right medical and rehabilitation services are provided to meet patient goals.
If inpatient, the family will be asked to be a part of the team and to meet early in the stay to continue discussing the care plan.
Medical conditions treated at HSCPC include complex medical and developmental disabilities resulting from chronic disease, injury or extreme prematurity. Our programs are organized to provide for the special needs of children with diagnoses such as:
- Reactive airway disease
- Traumatic injury
- Severe gastrointestinal disorders
- Sickle cell anemia
- Chromosome abnormalities
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- HIV infection
- Feeding issues related to prematurity
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple, complex diagnoses
- 4.1% - Children with Intestinal Absorption Problems
- 6% - Children with Feeding Problems
- 6.8% - Children with a History of Anoxia
- 9.5% - Newborns with a History of Respiratory Distress
- 15.4% - Children Requiring Rehabiliatation Therapies
- 89% - Therapy Services
- 6% - Psychology Services
- 5% - Dental Services